Associate Veterinarian Position
What makes the Dyer Animal Clinic “standout” from every other veterinary clinic in Northwest Indiana?
It is our branding. Every client is respected and treated with kindness. As we talk to our clients, and not down to them, they are more compliant to our recommendations. Because we positive and upbeat towards our clients, they in turn love coming to our clinic for their pet’s needs. They recognize our passion for our career and they in turn do all the talking (marketing) about the Dyer Animal Clinic to their friends. And our clients love the fact that we treat their pets as if they were our own.
You can see it for yourself by going to our Google reviews, Facebook, or even www.dyeranimalclinic.com and read the comments from over 460 clients. Due to our branding and respect for our clients, we have been gaining new customers all the time and we are looking for the right candidates to be a part of our team.
We are looking for one to three veterinarians that believe in our brand and goals.
Here is what we will offer to the selected candidates:
- $5,000 signing bonus
- Full-time employment of 30 to 35 hours a week with rotating Saturdays
- Commission based pay*
- Student Loan Repayment Stipend – a stipend for student loan repayment for the individual’s duration of employment.
- Continuing Education – a stipend of $500/year for workshop fees
- Health/vision/dental insurance – Since every veterinarian are in different stages of life and with different family situations often desire widely varying forms of health insurance coverage. The Dyer Animal Clinic will contribute towards the selection of your preferred insurance.
- Simple IRA – a maximum of three (3) percent contribution will be made towards the individual’s retirement account
- Indiana State Veterinary License and DEA License will be paid for by the Dyer Animal Clinic
- Direct Deposit
- There are two (2) emergency clinics in the area where sick/injured animals are referred.
About Dyer Animal Clinic
Dr. Farrell is the owner of the clinic with 28 years of experience and Dr. DeGraaf with 35 years of experience.
The building was remodeled 10 years ago, to allow for expansion in size. The Dyer Animal Clinic is approximately 2500 square feet with four (4) exam rooms with three (3) lift tables. We have a surgical suite, kennel area, X-ray room, food storage, lab/pharmacy area, and laundry room. Avimark is our clinic software and we use VetSource as our on-line pharmacy.
For treating our patients, we have dental digital radiography, high speed dental unit, digital X-ray, laser therapy, In-House IDEXX Laboratory, tri-nocular microscope with digital camera, and surgical suite.
Doctors are required to wear white smocks along with casual attire or scrubs (no jeans). The veterinarian is welcome to shadow and initially scheduled to work with Dr. Farrell. This training will entail business acumen of the clinic, public relations to the clients, and to develop bonds with future clients.
We are seeking both experienced and newly graduated individuals to join out dedicated and enthusiastic veterinary team.
If interested, please send resumes to:
Dyer Animal Clinic
c/o Tom Corey
1045 Sheffield Ave
Dyer, IN 46311
Fax: (219) 865-8892
*Based on collected data, the selected veterinarian working 30+ hours a week can earn approximately $110,000+/year.